+3
Spiritika
Syllabic
Mechaman44
7 posters

Go down

Howdy Y'all Empty Howdy Y'all

Post by Mechaman44 Sun May 31, 2020 4:17 am

Hi guys, my name is Matt. Used to play RS back in the day (I remember when Farming released) off and on, then stopped when EOC hit. A coworker and another friend got me back into OSRS just recently, so I'm starting my grind back up. Looking mostly to do PvM bossing & minigames, as I never really had the chance to get into them previously. Workin on getting those stats up to not be super noob anymore - usually on in the middle of the night/early mornings US time.

Spent a few hours lurking around in chat and even got to run along with the COX mass to try to learn. Really liked the group of people and atmosphere chillin in CC. Hoping to get to know some people better so I have friends who are awake when I am Very Happy.

If you like teaching noobs, I'm your guy. Ultra noob, but I'm like a sponge when I get to learn new things.
Mechaman44
Mechaman44

Back to top Go down

Howdy Y'all Empty Re: Howdy Y'all

Post by Syllabic Sun May 31, 2020 5:33 am

Welcome, Matt! Happy you found us Smile

I also didn't really do any bossing back in the day, so it's really nice to have all this new (to me) content to explore. Certainly not an expert or anything, but I'd say I have a decent bit of experience with PVM at this point. I'm no longer totally hopeless at least, haha. You've already been introduced to the weekly mass event, which is in my opinion an excellent way to get introduced to bossing in a fairly risk free atmosphere. Keep attending those and you'll be more confident in that aspect of the game in no time!

For now though, feel free to ask questions when you need. We're almost always happy to help. I also recommend joining the Discord server if you're at all interested. There's a good chance you'll find the #advice-srs channel helpful as well, since you're just getting back into the game. Highly recommended!

Best of luck getting back into the swing of things. See you in the CC!

Howdy Y'all NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 am

Hi Matt! You've been playing RuneScape for quite a while! I started playing after you - in 2006 and then continuing when it transitioned into EOC, which I played for years. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile. It's been fun re-learning things as well as being introduced to new content. I remember enjoying some of the minigames back in the day though I haven't yet gotten back into them in OSRS. It's great to see long time players coming back to the game. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Howdy Y'all YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Sun May 31, 2020 2:26 pm

Hey Matt and welcome to OSRS Advice Smile

Great to hear that you enjoyed the COX mass last night, hope you learned the basics and had a fun time during what was an incredibly crazy bonanza of a weekly Saturday mass event haha. If you're looking to get into more PvM then you'll definitely want to come along to the events in the future, the mass environment makes it very 'newbie' friendly (myself included as a noob haha) and it's a great way to meet new people in the clan and hang out with everyone having some fun!

You might want to look into another event we have running every other week too called 'Boss of the Week' as that might be of interest to you also Smile Seems like you're on the clan discord already so you'll find all the information for that event in the similarly named channel (#boss-of-the-week) Smile Smile

PM is always on if you need anything or just want to say hey! Until then, take care and I look forward to seeing you in the cc soon my man!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Howdy Y'all YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 pm

Welcome to the clan Matt,
bit of a PvM junky myself so look forward to running into you.

Best regards,
Gamed
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Howdy Y'all 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 pm

Hey matt! Welcome to the clan family! I remember seeing ya at the cox raid. Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Cheers,
-J
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:28 am

Hey Matt,

Welcome to the clan mate! I plan on learning COX within the next few weeks. Maybe we can do some raids together and get carried by our more experienced clannies Razz

Looking forward to seeing you in CC!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Howdy Y'all 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down