+3
Tinnitus
The Crux
Bow and Eros
7 posters

Go down

Returning Player Here  Empty Returning Player Here

Post by Bow and Eros Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi guys! It's been a couple of years since I've played this game consistently, but I'm sucked back in at this point. Haha.

I'll reintroduce myself since it's been a while. My name is Daniel and I'm an almost 27 year old male (my birthday is a week away) from California, US. I'm a single father to an 8 year old boy and let me tell you - this distance learning model is so difficult at times. Haha. Anyway, I have a bachelor of arts degree in psychology. I've worked in retail, food service, for nonprofits, in a 24/7 homeless shelter, and in public mental health. Recently, I've decided to go back to school to pursue what I'm most passionate about - music. I play some guitar and sing, and I'm really excited to start my new journey. In the meantime, I'm a stay at home dad who has the opportunity to play on mobile while I do things around the house/odd jobs.

RS wise, I've played on and off since maybe 2004/2005. I've been around for the additions of Farming, Construction, Hunter, and then Summoning I think? There have been so many additions and changes, so I'm a little stuck in my older ways. Anyway, I've been in and out of playing OSRS since 2017, but I've been needing something to keep me sane, so I'll be around for a while. Haha. Also, I'm getting my second 99 today in woodcutting and I'm excited to get my ranged cape trimmed!  Very Happy

I'm glad to see some familiar names, and I'm hoping to get to know more! 🙂

Last edited by Bow and Eros on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about the inevitable aging process. Forgot about getting my second 99 today.)
Bow and Eros
Bow and Eros

Back to top Go down

Returning Player Here  Empty Re: Returning Player Here

Post by The Crux Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Hey there! Recently got back into playing myself for the first time since 2016ish??? Been a great way of passing the time.

Fellow Californian here Smile Awesome that you're pursuing music! I took some music production courses and loved it. Mostly working with Logic and Ableton now. I desperately want to be great at the piano but right now I've struggled with consistency teaching myself!

Best of luck to ya IRL and in-game. See ya around Smile
The Crux
The Crux

Returning Player Here  4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Hey Daniel,

Happy 'early' birthday man! 

Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt, especially for your age. Best of luck on the music career. I was in band all through middle and high school, and had some friends who pursued a career in music - all of them seem to love every aspect of it.

Future grats on the 99 WC as well! Happy to attend a party if you decide to host one later today Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ellipsism Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:24 pm

hi and welcome back, and happy early birthday!

awesome that you're going back to school to follow passions, i'm sure that makes the whole school process much more enjoyable.

early congrats on your 99 woodcutting, what skill is next?
ellipsism
ellipsism

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi Daniel,
Like you, I've been playing RuneScape for a while though not quite as long as you - since 2006 for me. I was around for the additions of Summoning, Dungeoneering, and Invention but had stopped playing actively before Archeology was released. I didn't start playing OSRS until around the time it was released on mobile and only frequency within the past few months.

Welcome to the clan. Congratulations on getting 99 in woodcutting and trimming your ranged cape! Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Returning Player Here  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 am

First off, I can honestly say that I'm an idiot and didn't even catch the pun in your name until the third time I saw it. No shame, lol.

I don't have a musical bone in my body, but massive respect for anyone that does. Good on you for deciding to go back and pursue your dream! I always wanted to get into psychology when I was younger, funnily enough, but I figure I should probably learn how to work on myself before I start taking steps to help others Smile And yeah, totally get why distance learning is making life difficult for you and your son. Always needed a proper classroom environment to keep me on track.

Welcome back, and best of luck pursuing your goals, both in-game and out!

Returning Player Here  NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 am

Very Happy Happy birthday early Bows! Wisconsin/Minnesota girl here!! Its great seeing you in clan chat with your great sense of humor and joining us. I love music as well I played Violin all through middle and High school but haven't picked it up since but I do love singing helps soothe my soul, I was in swing choir and sang at church but now I just rock out to most genre from classical to not quite rap. Good luck on rs have fun! Very Happy
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Returning Player Here  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down