+4
COCOMARBELLA
The_Gamed
Tinnitus
ProleVan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... Empty Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about...

Post by ProleVan Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Hey all, I'm ProleVan in game. I've been playing on and off for a while without ever getting too high up with skills so I'm relatively unknowledgeable about the game. I've been getting in to some of the content this time around rather than just trying to level up and getting bored, I'm having a lot of fun.

You all seem like lovely people so I'd like to stick around here and get to know some of you. Hit me up in game for barbarian assault or castle wars whenever, my PM is always on. Smile
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... Empty Re: Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about...

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Hey ProleVan,

Welcome to the clan and offsite! We have a wide variety of players here, so no doubt you will fit in. I definitely agree with your statement - we do have a ton of cool peeps in here. Maybe we'll meet up and do some Barbarian Assault soon - there always seems to be a few clannies looking to group up and do a few rounds, and I still need to get a few more roles to Level 5, so I definitely will be down.

Just curious if you don't mind my asking, what are some of your in game goals right now? Currently I'm working on 99 crafting (soon hopefully!) as well as some PvM content (Sara GWD and CoX).

Not sure if you've heard in game yet or have checked out a lot of our forum threads, but our also hosts a variety of clan events, including but not limited to Skill of the Week and Boss of the Week. There's a forum thread on each of them, so check them out of that interests you! Skill of the Week has definitely helped me grind of a few skills that I otherwise wouldn't have touched, lol.

Also, not sure if you're into discord, but if you are, we have an awesome discord server you can join. Not required, obviously, but it's a great way to meet new peeps.

Catch you in the cc soon, hopefully! FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... Empty Re: Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about...

Post by ProleVan Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Hey Tinnitus, thanks for the warm welcome.

I've always found crafting to be a nifty skill, some of the uses for it in quests are really interesting and unexpected. Good luck on the 99! I don't really have any long term goals myself, I just have some intermediate ones like getting an agility level a day until I hit 70. I recently completed the medium Kandarin diary for the marks of grace bonus on the Seers' Village rooftop course. I'm also working on defence so I can complete the final wave of Barbarian Assault, I just hit 49 as I'm typing this! I managed to get up to the Pennance Queen with a random team a few weeks ago but we kept losing in various ways, mainly because I kept floundering and forgetting to call my role on time when I was dying. I've gained about 5 HP since then and upped a few other stats so I should be more resilient in the future. As I said in the opening post I didn't really engage with the content on my previous accounts as I felt all the content was skill locked, but BA seems like a really fun mid-level minigame with a rewarding grind. Once I move out of Kandarin I hope to stumble across more interesting content by doing the diaries in other areas.

I'm still in the process of reading through the forums to find out what's on offer, I just got myself on Crystal Math Labs as it seems relevant to some of the stuff here. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing there but I think I'm being tracked now! Very Happy

I'm on the discord but I haven't had a chance to jump in to any conversations yet, I'm still reading through all the stuff on here. Which channel do you usually hang out in? The food and cooking channel is grabbing my attention right now, someone has given me an opportunity to talk about why feta is undeniably and unequivocally the best cheese, and I'm not about to pass that up...

See you soon mate. Smile
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Hey ProleVan, first off welcome!

I'm a huuuge BA fan, so anytime you want to run some and i'm free let's do it! Smile

Glad to see you making the return to OSRS and glad you found a home to do it in, lots of lovely people here. Look forward to chatting!

Cheers,
Gamed
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:45 pm

ProleVan wrote:Hey Tinnitus, thanks for the warm welcome.

I've always found crafting to be a nifty skill, some of the uses for it in quests are really interesting and unexpected. Good luck on the 99! I don't really have any long term goals myself, I just have some intermediate ones like getting an agility level a day until I hit 70. I recently completed the medium Kandarin diary for the marks of grace bonus on the Seers' Village rooftop course. I'm also working on defence so I can complete the final wave of Barbarian Assault, I just hit 49 as I'm typing this! I managed to get up to the Pennance Queen with a random team a few weeks ago but we kept losing in various ways, mainly because I kept floundering and forgetting to call my role on time when I was dying. I've gained about 5 HP since then and upped a few other stats so I should be more resilient in the future. As I said in the opening post I didn't really engage with the content on my previous accounts as I felt all the content was skill locked, but BA seems like a really fun mid-level minigame with a rewarding grind. Once I move out of Kandarin I hope to stumble across more interesting content by doing the diaries in other areas.

I'm still in the process of reading through the forums to find out what's on offer, I just got myself on Crystal Math Labs as it seems relevant to some of the stuff here. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing there but I think I'm being tracked now! Very Happy

I'm on the discord but I haven't had a chance to jump in to any conversations yet, I'm still reading through all the stuff on here. Which channel do you usually hang out in? The food and cooking channel is grabbing my attention right now, someone has given me an opportunity to talk about why feta is undeniably and unequivocally the best cheese, and I'm not about to pass that up...

See you soon mate. Smile

Just wanted to add, I loved Billy Mays, btw. Sad that he's gone, but I doubt I'll ever forget his awesome face!

Thanks for the crafting goodluck. I am actually level 98, soon to be 99 (hopefully). I am very excited to get 99 and unlock the crafting cape for that awesome teleport it gives right next to the bank!

I did the Seers Course as well up until I stopped at level 80 agility. The medium diary is awesome for the marks of grace boost. The hard diary is very nice to have done for the increased xp per hour with the Cammy bank tele, but there are some hefty requirements for it. I personally waited until I finished the Kandarian hards diary before doing much of the Seers course just because agility is not my favorite thing to do =p. Gave me a huge increase in xp per hour which I appreciated.

Barbarian assault can be a bit tougher at the lower levels, but once you can get the queen down once, you probably won't have any trouble again after that. But it definitely can be a process, you gotta worry about calling with the horn, keeping your hp high, doing the right order of creating the egg, etc, and it requires a lot of multi-tasking. Certainly not easy to do. The fighter torso is an absolute beast of an item to unlock. It requires a queen kill and 375 points in every roll IIRC. Definitely was my first purchase from the BA shop.

Crystal Math Labs certainly is an awesome tool! Our clan uses it for the Skill of the Week event. Can be a bit behind at times on updating (more like it's the OSRS official hiscores fault =p), but it gets the job done and is a nice visual aid to see your progress.

I'm not super active on the discord, but I do hang out in the CoX chat when I'm doing raids. I'll also hop in the Music channel or General channel during the nights depending on how am feeling. It's very nice to put a voice to usernames in game, esepcially with how much time I spend in game, lol.

Just want to add, I agree with whoever stated that feta is the best cheese. It most definitely is! lol!

Right back at you bud FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Cheers Gamed, I'll definitely hit you up for BA at some point!

@Tinnitus crafting is such a satisfying skill to train for me, I don't know what it is exactly but I like the audio and visual feedback, I hope you had fun on the road to 98. Got any plans for your next big goal already or are you just taking a break and bankstanding for a while after you're done. Maybe showing off the cape to anyone who walks by? geek

I don't mind doing agility really, I tend to sacrifice some XP to stop to talk to people in CCs or in PMs but it makes the time go by really quickly, and since I'm doing less than an hour a day it's not awful for me. I imagine that will change at higher levels which is why I'll be content with 70 for now, until I need to raise it for a quest or something.

BA is definitely one of those things you have to get used to, it's like juggling (or blinking) you can do it automatically until you stop to think about it or you're under pressure. I'm not sure what gear to use for it, I was wearing dragonhide at first until I realised the green bolts were ranged attacks not magic but my best melee armour is rune. I'm actually looking through gear on the wiki right now and making a compilation of feasible equipment while my defence XP ticks up at sand crabs. When I'm done I might throw up my research as a guide in the relevant forum section since I didn't find one by searching barbarian or BA.

Thanks for the explanation on CML! I was constantly updating wondering why my figures weren't going up, I assume I have to log out for it to update. I'm disappointed I didn't know about CML when I first started, I'm a bit of a nerd for stat trackers and stuff. I think I'll hop in to the next SotW just to see how it goes, I believe BotW and SotW are alternated here so the next SotW will be on the 20th, is that right?

I'll definitely be hopping in the voice channels at some point, I do like to put a voice to a name too. I'm in the UK though, it's 4AM here so I don't feel comfortable getting too in to voice when I'm on American time - our houses share walls with our neighbours over here.

Cheers for the feta support, at the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, you feta believe feta is the best cheese!
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:56 pm

ProleVan wrote:@Tinnitus crafting is such a satisfying skill to train for me, I don't know what it is exactly but I like the audio and visual feedback, I hope you had fun on the road to 98. Got any plans for your next big goal already or are you just taking a break and bankstanding for a while after you're done. Maybe showing off the cape to anyone who walks by? geek

I don't mind doing agility really, I tend to sacrifice some XP to stop to talk to people in CCs or in PMs but it makes the time go by really quickly, and since I'm doing less than an hour a day it's not awful for me. I imagine that will change at higher levels which is why I'll be content with 70 for now, until I need to raise it for a quest or something.

BA is definitely one of those things you have to get used to, it's like juggling (or blinking) you can do it automatically until you stop to think about it or you're under pressure. I'm not sure what gear to use for it, I was wearing dragonhide at first until I realised the green bolts were ranged attacks not magic but my best melee armour is rune. I'm actually looking through gear on the wiki right now and making a compilation of feasible equipment while my defence XP ticks up at sand crabs. When I'm done I might throw up my research as a guide in the relevant forum section since I didn't find one by searching barbarian or BA.

Thanks for the explanation on CML! I was constantly updating wondering why my figures weren't going up, I assume I have to log out for it to update. I'm disappointed I didn't know about CML when I first started, I'm a bit of a nerd for stat trackers and stuff. I think I'll hop in to the next SotW just to see how it goes, I believe BotW and SotW are alternated here so the next SotW will be on the 20th, is that right?

I'll definitely be hopping in the voice channels at some point, I do like to put a voice to a name too. I'm in the UK though, it's 4AM here so I don't feel comfortable getting too in to voice when I'm on American time - our houses share walls with our neighbours over here.

Cheers for the feta support, at the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, you feta believe feta is the best cheese!

It's definitely an easy effort skill to train. It's been quite relaxing - I'm doing the glassblowing method and have blown over 100k light orbs, lol. It was a slow but low effort process gathering all the giant seaweed and buckets of sand to make all of the molten glass, but a worthwhile one, that's for sure. I'll definitely be sure to wear the cape whenever I'm out and about =p. I'm gonna start killing tons of Commander Zilyana, and hopefully get an Armadyl Crossbow and Saradomin hilt for the godsword. Those are two items I've been wanting for a while.

Nothing wrong with not being super efficient while skilling. I am definitely NOT a super efficient player. I consider myself 'semi' efficient, lol. Like you, I'll take slower experience rates and chatting with others over focusing on my clicks over a long period time.

I'm not an expert at BA at all, but I usually wear mage def armor (d hide gear) when I'm there, and it seems like most people do. But you have a fairly low defence level, so I'm not sure what the best setup is. Definitely keep doing what you are doing by researching it though, that's the way to go.

You are correct! The next SotW will start on the 19th at the usual game reset time. It's always a good idea to get a screenshot of your starting experience on that skill just incase anything acts up with CML, but usually it's all good. Voting will usually open up for the chosen skill a few days before the event starts. I'm hoping herblore will win - got a ton of herbs and secondaries I need to use up.

That last line you posted made me laugh way harder than I should have lol. That's a nice one, hope you don't mind if I use that  lol!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:58 am

Hey Pro

Glad you’ve decided to join us we are honoured to have you amongst our ranks! You have hit the jackpot when it comes to clans from my experience i don’t think theirs a clan out there that is this chill and relaxed and helpful so feel free to chat in game, on our discord and also if you see one of us feel free to come and say hi.

Happy scaping.
COCOMARBELLA

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:21 am

@Tinnitus definitely cool stuff to have on the crossbow and godsword. It'll be an impressive look alongside the crafting cape!

Regarding BA the only types of damage you can take there are ranged, melee and poison. The team I played with suggested I switch in to melee armour for wave 10 and it did get a bit easier then. I think the reason some people wear ranged armour like void knight is for the ranged attack bonuses if they're attackers or for the lower weight penalty if they're low agility. So far it looks like Granite is the best armour for my level but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to keep my run energy up at that weight and adding potions to the number of things to be done is definitely something to be avoided. Right now my plan is to look at the near-weightless items and see if I can find a decent range defence boost ring or amulet or cape or something like that.

Cheers for the advice on the screenshot, I'll definitely do that. What's the protocol with that? Is there a way to get the date/time up on the screen for the screenshot or do you just post it in discord/on the forums when you take it so it's timestamped if you ever need to refer to it?

No worries man, the more people making cheesy puns around the CC the happier I'll be!

@INOXXENTRISA thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely see you around on discord and in game. Smile
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am

Hey dude, welcome! That's, uh, an awful lot of text. Honestly, it looks like the two of you have everything pretty much covered, so I'll just say "Lovely to have you, and I hope you enjoy the CC" Smile Though as far as I can tell you're doing a pretty good job of that already.

By the way, to answer your screenshot question, people generally post it in the #screenshots channel at event start and @Dr Bing, as he's the event organizer. DabbingBrb also works on SotW, but I believe Bing is the one that does the final tally and such. That's your best bet if you're worried about your progress not getting recorded properly FeelsOkayMan Generally you will be required to record the date/time in the screenshot itself, just FYI. Most people just include their computer's system clock in the bottom right corner, and that works just fine in my experience.

As for Barb Assault, it's not something I'm particularly experienced with, but as far as I'm aware you don't have a ton of options for defensive jewellery in general. An amulet of fury/brimstone ring/obsidian cape combo will offer some marginal improvement, but it's up to you where it's worth the 6.5m-odd investment. I bet the people in the Discord #advice-srs channel will have a lot more to offer than me, though. Some pretty knowledgeable folks in there (a couple have even run BA Services in the past).

Don't think there's much point in me covering more than that, haha. Was gonna leave it short and sweet but I figured I'd cover that last little bit. Anyway, looking forward to having you with us. Feel free to reach out if you ever need anything, and I'll catch you in-game Smile

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks Syllabic! It's nice to be here. Smile

Oh yeah, that was a real brain fart from me on the screenshot, I usually always remove my taskbar from any screenshots I post so I just didn't think about the clock being there. I'll post the screenshots just in case anything happens with CML but even if not it's nice to have screenshots for memories.

Cheers for the advice on the trinket slots. 6.5m is a bit steep but if they're things that won't be made obsolete for a while they might be worth it. I'll check out the discord channel before I settle in for hefty BA grinding, might even end up rekindling the BA flame for some of the peeps in there. Very Happy

Thanks again for the warm welcome Syllabic!
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:34 am

Hi ProleVan! I met you in the clan chat but it's great to meet you here on the off-site as well. Like you, I prefer to have fun and chat with others rather than just leveling up. I don't mind agility (currently 81) but haven't played BA or CW since RS2/3 years ago. I don't care for BA and wasn't very good at it but had a lot of fun at CW.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the short time I've been here, everyone has been friendly and helpful. Welcome. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hi, Billy Mays here to talk about... YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:39 am

Hey thanks Spiriika! If you're ever up for CW hit me up, it's always more fun with friends.

I've had the same experience as you with the clan which is why I joined up so quickly.

I love your signature btw, was it hard to get set up?

See you in the CC!
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:48 pm

@ProleVan seems like you got it all figured out! I sometimes run into energy issues (terrible pun intended lol), although most people around my combat level never seem to, so I'm probably just bad =p.

Syllabic's advice is spot on how to take the screenshot! I'll remind you in game when the time comes next week, and I'd appreciate if you do the same for me if you remember... I seem to forget like 50% of the time, although it's usually not an issue.

Cheers bud!

Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Sure thing buddy, come the 19th I'll definitely forget to remember to remind you, it's a deal!

I've found a lot of interesting stuff on BA, gonna try to put it in to practice soon. Oddly enough the second best neck slot for it as a collector is the amulet of defence, a free to play item with +7 across the board on defence (only slash and ranged are relevant unless there are items that add bonuses to poison resist, which I've never heard of). The best item is the fury, but I'm going to turn up to a random group in a defence ammy and see if they rag on me. Razz
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:35 pm

ProleVan wrote:Hey thanks Spiriika! If you're ever up for CW hit me up, it's always more fun with friends.

I've had the same experience as you with the clan which is why I joined up so quickly.

I love your signature btw, was it hard to get set up?

See you in the CC!

I eventually want to get the Guthix Halo so I'll be doing CW for that. Is CW still pretty active on the dedicated world?

I used this site to set up my signature. The stats automatically update whenever I level (with a bit of a delay since it's based on OSRS Highscores). You can go through the options to customize it a bit.

https://rs.vksoft.eu/oldschool/signatures/stat/
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Yeah the CW world is definitely still active, it's not like it used to be where you would have both teams full to capacity while a game was going on so you had to sit out a game every time you finished one, but there's always more than a max capacity game going on.

I think the hiscores server is struggling, the OSRS page isn't loading and the link you posted isn't generating anything for me. I'll give it a go later in the week. Thanks for posting it. Smile
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Hey Welcome ProleVan! great to have you on the offsite, just noticed you in clan chat today, I've been playing rs since 2006 and I'm still relatively unknowledgeable about the game, I'm just grateful for the clan who are more than willing to answer my noob questions lol

Good luck with your BA and CW grind, I need to do BA although I haven't done it since about 2008 or something like that so my memory of it is very hazy.

also, just quietly, the #pet channel on discord is the best channel <3

Good luck with your goals!
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by ProleVan Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Thanks Megnificent, nice to see you in the thread. Smile

I'll definitely be lurking the pet channel, it's always great in any discord.

Thanks for the good wishes, same to you! Smile
ProleVan
ProleVan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:08 pm

ProleVan wrote:I think the hiscores server is struggling, the OSRS page isn't loading and the link you posted isn't generating anything for me. I'll give it a go later in the week. Thanks for posting it. Smile

I just tried the link I posted and it worked for me, so perhaps it will work for you when trying it again. If it doesn't, another site which has dynamic skill updates for OSRS signatures is the one Meg uses above. Just click on her signature (the pink one) and it will take you to the site where you can input your name and customize the signature features. Initially I tried that one but for some reason it wouldn't update for me (though it seems to work for others).
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next