This is the first clan I join in osrs

+2
Syllabic
Devil9394
6 posters

Go down

This is the first clan I join in osrs Empty This is the first clan I join in osrs

Post by Devil9394 Tue May 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi all!

My name is Gabriel, and my rsn is Devil9394. I am 26 y.o. originally from Romania, living in the UK now. I am on my way to becoming an architect (doing masters now).

Surprisingly (or not) this is the first clan that I join with the intention of staying. I joined a few ones during the time for a quest, for thieving or for barbarian assault, but never actively looked for a clan to 'settle in'. Hopefully, this will be an amazing first-time experience Smile

Quickly, my in-game stats are total lvl 2231, total level just above 300mil xp. I am mostly doing skilling, although I am trying to get into PvMing as well as the end-game is approaching for my levels.

I just submitted my dissertation for the masters so perhaps this is why I am typing so much?
Anyway, nice to meet you all and hope to have a nice time with you guys Smile
Devil9394
Devil9394

Back to top Go down

This is the first clan I join in osrs Empty Re: This is the first clan I join in osrs

Post by Syllabic Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 am

Hey Gabriel! Nice to have you. Architecture isn't a major I seem to hear about all that often. A friend of mine is doing the same, but I can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head. That's super cool, though! Here's hoping your dissertation is well received! What's the end goal with your studies, anyway? I don't really know much about the sort of work the average architect does.

I sort of bounced between clans myself for a little while before finding OSRS Advice. Knew it was the place for me as soon as I joined, largely because the overall response seemed so much more welcoming than anywhere else I'd found. Was definitely helpful to have a place where people were encouraged to ask questions, as I'd just recently returned to the game. Doesn't sound like you're really in need of that kind of help, though Razz You're so close to maxing! What skills do you have left?

By the way, feel free to check out our Discord server if you're interested. Got plenty of info on our weekly skilling and PvM events on there (should be relevant, considering you're working on both), and it's a nice place to hang out when you're not actively playing the game, besides. No pressure, of course Smile

And hey, don't worry about typing too much. Always nice to see introductions with a little more meat to them.

This is the first clan I join in osrs NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

This is the first clan I join in osrs Empty Re: This is the first clan I join in osrs

Post by Devil9394 Wed May 13, 2020 3:34 am

Syllabic wrote:Hey Gabriel! Nice to have you. Architecture isn't a major I seem to hear about all that often. A friend of mine is doing the same, but I can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head. That's super cool, though! Here's hoping your dissertation is well received! What's the end goal with your studies, anyway? I don't really know much about the sort of work the average architect does.
Nice to meet you Smile It's weird because from the 'inside', I see a lot of students wanting to become architects, too many for the market I would say. End goal would be to become a full architect and have my own practice. Until I finish my masters and do a written test and present a project, the actual title is Architect Assistant (at least in the UK that is the case). My current work is in educational facilities, nursery & pre-school, primary, up to universities. As an average role of an architect, you take a project from concept to stage of building, then a builder will take on and finish it. More complex than that but this is a summary Smile Oh, and a side goal of mine would be to do part-time teaching, always loved it.

Syllabic wrote:I sort of bounced between clans myself for a little while before finding OSRS Advice. Knew it was the place for me as soon as I joined, largely because the overall response seemed so much more welcoming than anywhere else I'd found. Was definitely helpful to have a place where people were encouraged to ask questions, as I'd just recently returned to the game. Doesn't sound like you're really in need of that kind of help, though Razz You're so close to maxing! What skills do you have left?
Yea I joined the cc last night and saw some questions people are asking. I always had the habit of opening a tab and googling it, but different people have different ways and I am happy to answer questions in the cc if I know the answer to them Smile (or I just quickly open a tab and search for the answer, but don't tell them  Shocked )

Syllabic wrote:By the way, feel free to check out our Discord server if you're interested. Got plenty of info on our weekly skilling and PvM events on there (should be relevant, considering you're working on both), and it's a nice place to hang out when you're not actively playing the game, besides. No pressure, of course Smile
I will definitely join it at some point. To be honest, I tried discord once and it was overwhelming for me (tried for a raids discord for the diary requirement). I will try though, at some point Razz

I was very active on private runescape servers before Jagex reopened the OSRS, so maybe I will get back on the habit of posting on forums!
Devil9394
Devil9394

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed May 13, 2020 4:27 am

So in your current position would you be part of a small team, then? Or just an assistant to a single architect? I'd presume larger projects would require multiple people subordinate to the head architect, but maybe I'm just showing my ignorance there Razz Teaching is a pretty admirable goal as well! Seems like you have the perfect attitude for that sort of thing. I hope you get your wish!

Yea I joined the cc last night and saw some questions people are asking. I always had the habit of opening a tab and googling it, but different people have different ways and I am happy to answer questions in the cc if I know the answer to them Smile (or I just quickly open a tab and search for the answer, but don't tell them  Shocked )

I've always been a Googler (wow that word sounds dumb) myself, but there's an awful lot you can pick up just by reading answers to questions other people have asked. And hey, nothing wrong with looking information up, as long as the question gets answered. At least, that's what I tell myself, lol.

I will definitely join it at some point. To be honest, I tried discord once and it was overwhelming for me (tried for a raids discord for the diary requirement). I will try though, at some point Razz

I was very active on private runescape servers before Jagex reopened the OSRS, so maybe I will get back on the habit of posting on forums!

Discord isn't mandatory or anything! Just join if you're interested. I totally get how it can be overwhelming at first. I was a late adopter myself, and it definitely took a while for me to get used to it. Server's super busy and has a ton of individual channels as well, so right from the get-go you're pretty much bombarded by notifications, haha. People usually just turn most of the channels off, and then check in whenever they feel like it.

I actually completely forgot private servers were a thing! I remember I played 2006scape with a friend of mine for a while, before Jagex had it shut down. That was good fun! No idea why I didn't make the switch over to OSRS sooner. Probably could have maxed by now Laughing

This is the first clan I join in osrs NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil9394 Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 am

Syllabic wrote:So in your current position would you be part of a small team, then? Or just an assistant to a single architect? I'd presume larger projects would require multiple people subordinate to the head architect, but maybe I'm just showing my ignorance there Razz Teaching is a pretty admirable goal as well! Seems like you have the perfect attitude for that sort of thing. I hope you get your wish!
Yea small team of architects but we have our own structural engineers, builders, surveyors etc. I wouldn't say ignorance but just lack of knowledge for in-depth information, which is hard to come by if you are not working in the specific field.

Syllabic wrote:I've always been a Googler (wow that word sounds dumb) myself, but there's an awful lot you can pick up just by reading answers to questions other people have asked. And hey, nothing wrong with looking information up, as long as the question gets answered. At least, that's what I tell myself, lol.
Yea I agree, you either know the answer so you give it, or don't know it and by looking it up you also learn something. I mean, this game is so vast that it's hard to remember everything.

Syllabic wrote:People usually just turn most of the channels off, and then check in whenever they feel like it.
Already by reading your reply I learned something about how discord works!

You probably would've maxed but it would've been a tougher process, since not all the current methods were available Very Happy
Devil9394
Devil9394

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Wed May 13, 2020 6:00 am

Welcome to the clan Gabriel! Smile

Nice to see another fellow Brit joining the crew, hope to see you online during our British 'peak hours' to chat some more. What you're studying and hoping to go into is really interesting, wishing you all the best with the completion of your studies / thesis etc...! I'm actually an architect myself but one cut from a slightly different cloth (if you pardon that awful pun lol), I'm an Enterprise Architect working in the world of finance so in terms of job structure we're nearly identical but simply replacing construction for IT and computer systems / strategy!

Looks like Brodie has given you a wicked flavor of what's on offer here, particularly with things you're looking to expose yourself to more so I won't bog you down with any double up information Smile All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome and I hope you continue enjoying your time with us. Take care, stay safe and speak to you soon in-game!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

This is the first clan I join in osrs YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil9394 Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm

This Land wrote:Welcome to the clan Gabriel! Smile

Nice to see another fellow Brit joining the crew, hope to see you online during our British 'peak hours' to chat some more. What you're studying and hoping to go into is really interesting, wishing you all the best with the completion of your studies / thesis etc...! I'm actually an architect myself but one cut from a slightly different cloth (if you pardon that awful pun lol), I'm an Enterprise Architect working in the world of finance so in terms of job structure we're nearly identical but simply replacing construction for IT and computer systems / strategy!

Looks like Brodie has given you a wicked flavor of what's on offer here, particularly with things you're looking to expose yourself to more so I won't bog you down with any double up information Smile All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome and I hope you continue enjoying your time with us. Take care, stay safe and speak to you soon in-game!

Best,
Mitch
Hi Mitch!

Thanks for the warm welcome, it was delivered nicely and well received! Hope to see you all in the clan events, I will keep an eye out for them and see if I will be able to attend any Very Happy Where are you within the UK? I am living in Birmingham currently.

Please excuse my ignorance but I didn't know about the enterprise architect role until now; but with a quick google search, I find it quite an interesting and perhaps crucial role actually. Growing up I had a thing for IT and some web design, but never went anywhere with those. Well, I hope you will have loads of stuff to do in your job and find great success! Cool
Devil9394
Devil9394

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed May 13, 2020 7:07 pm

Devil9394 wrote:Surprisingly (or not) this is the first clan that I join with the intention of staying. I joined a few ones during the time for a quest, for thieving or for barbarian assault, but never actively looked for a clan to 'settle in'. Hopefully, this will be an amazing first-time experience Smile

Quickly, my in-game stats are total lvl 2231, total level just above 300mil xp. I am mostly doing skilling, although I am trying to get into PvMing as well as the end-game is approaching for my levels.

Hi Gabriel! I'm new to this clan but not to RuneScape. I'm also a Googler and with RuneScape I tend to refer to the OSRS Wiki if I have questions though it's great to have first-hand advice from knowledgeable people via in-game chats. While I've been a member of the same clan for 9 years in RS3, I had not yet found a clan in OSRS to "settle into" and like you, I'm hoping this will be the one. Smile

Your total level and total experience are quite impressive!
Spiritika
Spiritika

This is the first clan I join in osrs YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Wed May 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Oh wow from Romania to the U.K. That's pretty exciting to think about. I never even been out of my country or even really much of my home state for more than a few weeks at a time. I always wanted to go see those parts of the world. I'm from the U.S.

Impressive stats. I can see you do spend a lot of your time in game on skilling and that's quite alright. As long as you enjoy what you're doing that's all that matter. That's mainly what I do as well.

As far as clans, I have been in a few well known ones. Mayhem Makers divisional clan, but unfortunately a lot of that community has seemed to dwindle down in the pking world so I stepped out of it and decided to take on the path to maxing (non-ironman). Another was also a help clan, but has faced problems over 10 years with management and so forth and I unfortunately had to break ties with that just recently as I saw no room for improvement and after some speak with the owner the integrity and sense of honor was no longer there and well I found this place that I now call home.

Glad to have you here and I hope to hear from you in game sometime in the clan chat or whatever it is. May you have yourself a wonderful day!

-Katavaria

Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu May 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome mate! Hope your dissertation defense goes well! I'm in graduate school as well. It's certainly an interesting time to be a grad student Razz

I bet you'll fit right in our clan! Hope to see you in game sometime soon Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

This is the first clan I join in osrs 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down