Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal)

+2
Autocrat
Hedge
6 posters

Go down

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) Empty Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal)

Post by Hedge Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:19 am

Hi there.  I'm Hedge and my favorite genre of music is Hard Rock.  

I was always told this taste of music would only be a phase during the angsty period of my life and while that's perfectly understandable...it wasn't the case for me, I still love this music and I want to share the best of it with all of you.  

Over the past couple years, a lot of rock bands have gotten softer and softer...even my favorite band Linkin Park, their newest album was the only one I did not enjoy at all and thats because it was pretty much pop...and not even good pop.  Then there's the popularity of the "rock" band imagine dragons....they are not real rock idc lmao.  None of that stuff will be posted here.

So I'm making this for anyone who's looking for some good rock and I may even throw in some metal too.

First, I'll start with a few albums that have come out recently that are really good and definitely still Rock.

Breaking Benjamin - Ember (usual breaking benjamin sound but done masterfully unlike Dark before Dawn)
Chevelle - The North Corridor (They've matured with each album, they do sound a bit different but still definitely Rock)
Red - Gone (This album does have some more "poppy" elements but still has a some good heavyness to it, definitely worth a listen)
Shinedown - ATTENTION ATTENTION! (Probably their best album since The sound of madness, has some real TUNES on it)
Papa Roach - Crooked Teeth (Their best album in long time, they go back to their roots and do it very well)
Sevendust - All I see is War (Sevendust has always been hit or miss for me but their newest album is VERY good)
Seether - Poison The Parish (Seether never disappoints.)
Starset - DIVISIONS (Love Starset and love this album)
RA - Intercorrupted (a great blend of metal instrumentals and pop like vocals, really enjoyed this)
Chevelle - NIRATIAS (Very reminiscent of Sci-fi crimes with elements of all their past albums)
Demon Hunter - Peace (moreso a metal band but this album doesn't get TOO heavy. Really great album)
Starset - HORIZONS (Didn't enjoy this as much as Divisions but still a solid album. OTHERWORLDY RULES)
Red - Declaration (A return to form for them. Love to see it)
Seether - Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum (Like I said, seether never disappoints.)

I may update this list or just post new albums in new posts...I'll also be posting certain songs that have caught me for that day in concurrent posts aswell.

Thanks for taking time to read my post and I hope you enjoy the albums I've picked out, feel free to pm me in game if you want some more recommendations or just want to chat about the genre!  Also, feel free to post your hard rock or even metal songs that you are listening to.  No Black/Death metal please.  TELL EM ROCK IS NOT DEAD!

Last edited by Hedge on Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hedge

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) Empty Re: Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal)

Post by Hedge Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 am

ALSO, IF YOU'VE EVER ENJOYED SLIPKNOT'S MUSIC, GO LISTEN TO THEIR NEW SONG, ALL OUT LIFE. DO IT.
Hedge

Back to top Go down

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) Empty Re: Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal)

Post by Autocrat Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:31 am

Haven't heard Ember yet. I used to listen to BB, most of their music is good.
Autocrat
Autocrat

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by PugTart Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 am

Hedge wrote:No Black/Death metal please.

...oh...
PugTart
PugTart

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) YP5zkAJ

hp

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Not sure how I missed this - will check some of your recommendations out!
Bing

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 am

Welp, you know my standpoint, but I'd like to add to your list with
Bullet for my Valentines new album (Gravity) & Godsmack's (When legends rise)
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwan Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:55 pm

\m/
Iwan
Iwan

Hedge's house of Hard Rock! (and maybe some metal) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedge Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:26 am

The_Gamed wrote:Welp, you know my standpoint, but I'd like to add to your list with
Bullet for my Valentines new album (Gravity) & Godsmack's (When legends rise)

Fair. Lol.
Hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedge Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:38 am

It's been a little while but I added some new albums!
Hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedge Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30 pm

Added some new albums!
Hedge

Back to top Go down