+2
Syllabic
Communizer
6 posters

Go down

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet Empty OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet

Post by Communizer Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Good evening clannies,

I'm coming to you today to gauge interest in a PvP focused event. Inspired by the framed video of a similar name (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tKydpqTkLM), this would be a challenge to determine once and for all who the greatest PKer of OSRS Advice is. This gauntlet will test a wide variety of PvP skills in a series of contests.  All contests will have standardized sets of gear to be used by participants that would be provided ahead of time.

I have yet to work out a precise list of challenges, however some ideas include:
-Tribrid NHing: Players face off using all three combat styles, ancient magicks as well as overhead protection prayers.
-Veng DHing: Players face off using melee combat & the vengeance spell alongside a special attack weapon and a full dharoks set.
-Veng Ranged Fight: Players face off using ranged gear along with combo special attacks and the vengeance prayer.
-The Tank Test: A group of non-participants try their hardest to defeat the combatant who has access to tank gear and food, while they try their hardest to get from point A to point B without dying.
-Barrows Bridding: Players face off with full karils and a full dharoks switch along with the vengeance prayer
-Barrows NHing: With a full set of ahrims, karils, and dharoks, players fight using all three combat styles and overhead protection prayers
-Standard Spellbook NHing: Like tribrid NHing but using the standard spellbook rather than ancients
-Void NHing: Like tribrid NHing but using the three void sets.

Ideally, I would like to have 5 rounds of challenges with each round being a best of 3 with points awarded for each fight won & an additional point for winning the match. This format however is not set in stone and I'd love to hear people's ideas or potential problems with this format.

If anyone is interested, please let me know! If you have any ideas or suggestions for the format or specific challenges, feel free to share them or PM me on discord with your ideas.
Communizer

Back to top Go down

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet Empty Re: OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet

Post by Syllabic Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:51 pm

I think another clan PVP event is a great idea. I remember there being one not long after I joined the clan, and it was a lot of fun (as a spectator). Might even participate myself this time around, if only so people can laugh at footage of me getting clapped Laughing

Don't have any notes with regards to how the event should be structured. Better to get those from someone who knows what they're talking about. I support the idea 100% though, and I'd be happy to help if you need anything done on the admin end or whatever.

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 pm

That's a great idea and with a lot of variety, but it seems like it'll be suitable only to maxed combat players, or am I wrong?
OmniRick
OmniRick

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemtrol Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:53 pm

although I wont join, id def watch that, sounds like a good time
Chemtrol

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Happy to be involved in the tank test and hunt people down

OSRS Advice PVP Gauntlet NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLegacy Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm

It's a fun idea for an event for sure. It has alot of potential, but i also see alot of things that need to be taken in consideration so that the event can be fun for everyone, not just the good/best pk'ers.

There's usually quite big gaps in skill between pk'ers. Someone who has never done it is going to struggle real hard initially, and perhaps won't progress quick enough to learn adequate pk'ing skills. Surely you can imagine yourself that fighting an uphill battle which you 're never going to win isn't exactly motivating. For this reason i would say the basis for the competition/event would have to be done in medium-large teams so that people can lean more on the strength of the team as a whole rather than just their own.
Let me elaborate this by giving an example.

'Team A' is made up of players:
- Egg
- Vegetable
- Turtlespoon
- Mr. stereotypical
- Person A
- Person B
- Person C

There's 4 categories - Tribrid, Karil+Dh bridding, tank test and 7v7.

Tridbrid   BO3:
-Person A
-Mr. stereotypical

Karil+Dh   BO3:
-Egg
-Vegetable
-Person B

Tank Test  Longest survival time
-Person C
-Turtlespoon

7v7
-Everyone, unless uneven teams. Sort out who sits out to get even numbers/combat stats

This is how 'Team A' would distribute their competitors. Team B and C would do the same and then the teams face off vs eachother in these challenges. Point weighing should be carefully discussed, as some challenges might involve more rng, others more skill.

The direct problem that comes with using a format like this though is combat stats. Theyre obviously not gonna be the same, so this example needs to become more detailed if you we're to use something similar. You're gonna ask for atleast a maxed account, a pure etc. The teams will be divided as equally as possible. This is off course easier said than done. Which is why i would suggest to add in more group-orientated challenges. By doing this you may slightly combat the possible imbalance of stats.

I could add more, but i think you get the idea. I would suggest planning this with atleast 3-4 people who have knowledge of the matter. It can be really made fun for everyone, even those who might not be that good at pking (or never realized they were so good at pking  Cool )
TheLegacy
TheLegacy

Turtlespoon

Back to top Go down