+2
Syllabic
woollyo
6 posters

Go down

My first post! Empty My first post!

Post by woollyo Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:15 am

Hello Guest!

I'm woollyo (I also go by woolly/wooolly), and I've recently returned to OSRS. I hope to stick around for good this time round, which is why I thought it'd be a good idea to join a community and meet new wonderful people, instead I just found you lol! (I have a terrible sense of humour). I'll need some advice myself whilst re-familiarising myself with the world of Runescape, I don't even know what raids are, but I'm sure I'll find out soon.

I'm hoping that I can contribute a lot to this clan as well as OSRS in general, checking both forums regularly and being active in-game. I'm often quite a busy person so there'll be periods where I may not be posting, but fear not, I'm likely still alive. I like the idea of jumping into a community and helping how I can, so OSRS Advice seemed like a perfect fit for me. I use to be an administrator in another large gaming community (different game), so I guess I got the bug from that.

So a little bit about me... I work as a Software Engineer, and love programming. I also have many other hobbies like watching car racing, going to the theatre, and I love travelling. I'm one for trying new things, so recently signed myself up to an extra's agency just because I think it'd be cool to go on set and see how films are made (also being able to say I've starred in a film is quite something!) and I intend on taking up flying lessons sometime soon.

I look forward to meeting you, and I hope I see you ingame soon.

Fun facts

• Favourite skill is hunter, but it's my lowest level as I've had no need to train it up until now - I've finally started training it!
  • First started playing Runescape back in PRIMARY SCHOOL!
  • Favourite place in Runescape is the grand exchange, so I can level and talk at the same time.
  • My first 99 years ago on a different account (on RS3) was Thieving (christ knows how I accomplished that!)
  • I'm known as "the sheep" due to my username, something I was known for in my previous gaming community I was part of - sadly that community has finally ended after an exciting 10+ years.

Last edited by woollyo on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
woollyo
woollyo

Back to top Go down

My first post! Empty Re: My first post!

Post by Syllabic Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 am

Hey Woolly, welcome! Glad you found us, even if we're not quite what you were looking for Wink.

Already sounds like you'll be a great fit. If you're looking to contribute, posting in the recruitment thread on the RS Forums is a great way to bring in newcomers like yourself. Activity here on the off-site is also greatly appreciated. While I'm a big fan of our Discord Server, I find the forums here to be better for keeping a record of what's going on. Always nice to read excellent intros like yours, as well!

Sounds like you lead a pretty interesting life, haha. The flying lessons sound incredible, but I don't think my nerves could handle it. Happy to watch from the ground, though.

Your favourite skill is Hunter, eh? That's certainly an interesting one. I've been considering going for 99 for a while now (80 at the time of writing)... not sure I can handle that much Herbiboar/Red Chin hunting right now, though. Looking for any motivation I can get!

I'm also a huge fan of standing at the GE. I love being able to talk to clan members while I do a bit of Fletching. I think I love standing there while doing nothing even more...

If you don't mind me asking, what community were you a part of? Sad to hear about its demise Sad. Hopefully you come to feel that same sense of belonging here with us, in time.

At any rate, nice meeting you. Hope to see you around more in the future! Feel free to add me in-game if you ever want to talk.  

cat

P.S. Make sure you check out the Monthly Lotto thread at some point too: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3958-monthly-clan-lotto-1m-goodybag-october

My first post! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by woollyo Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:53 am

Hey Syllabic, I remember seeing you in game! Thanks for the hearty welcome.

Maybe we'll be able to motivate each other to 99 hunter, it'll be a long but profitable road!

I've also joined the discord server as you've suggested, which I'll try and keep an eye on. Is it possible to create your own channels within the discord server?

Syllabic wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, what community were you a part of? Sad to hear about its demise Sad. Hopefully you come to feel that same sense of belonging here with us, in time.

I use to play in a community called GamerX, an SA:MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) server. Back in its heyday it use to have 500+ players in the server at once at peak times, and it had quite a large admin team. The admin team was important to the functioning of the server since SA:MP is rife with hackers and cheaters! In my time as admin I suspect I banned over 1000 players for using hacks haha, some of whom just changed their IP addresses and rejoined the server under a new username (or the same username if it wasn't registered). SA:MP servers are created and self-hosted by people for fun, much like Minecraft servers or Rust servers.

The server was also connected up to an IRC channel, where bots would relay ingame messages to the IRC channel. Which is why I asked the question above, creating your own channel and bot was great fun.

I'm already starting to feel at home Very Happy
woollyo
woollyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chcn Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:17 am

Hey woolly! Welcome to the clan! Very Happy

See you in game.
Chcn
Chcn

My first post! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:02 am

Hey Woolly welcome to the clan! great intro! I think it's awesome you've signed yourself up to an agency, can't wait to hear all about when you make your first big break haha

I love travelling, although I didn't get the travel bug until later in life, I'm petrified of flying though so my travelling is limited to cruising as I do love the water, we're off to New Zealand in a couple of months which I am looking forward to, I've only ever flown to Melb which is basically a 1.5hr flight each way, was not a great experience lol

Happy that you stumbled upon us and decided to join and I look forward to catching up with you in game, good possibility it will be at the GE as I love bank skills and AFKing!
Avallan
Avallan

My first post! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by woollyo Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:47 am

Megnificent wrote:I'm petrified of flying though so my travelling is limited to cruising as I do love the water

Funny, I'm the opposite, I find the ocean far scarier! Shocked
woollyo
woollyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldstream Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Few of our members have been catching red chins lately too, welcome hunter ^^
Coldstream
Coldstream

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Great intro Woolly! Was a pleasure to read and learn more about you. Look forward to seeing you in the cc.
Bing

My first post! NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down