OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks

5 posters

Go down

OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks Empty OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks

Post by Vexaria Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 am

What is this?

I was planning on making a complete all-around Slayer skill guide, but first of all, it would have been a lot of work, because had I done it, I would have done it properly. Secondly, there are so many Slayer guides out there in video and written, that making another one of those would have not been anything new and useful. But there was one thing I found to be relatively rare. Slayer Cannon guides.
So, I decided to take some screenshots of cannon locations, which I consider to be the best for each task and write this short guide. Despite the fact that there are many cannon-able Slayer tasks, I have only listed high experience tasks.

As mentioned before, this guide is only for advanced players focusing on cannoning tasks rich in experience, which means it expects you to know a lot from Oldschool Runescape while having interest in playing efficiently, 110+ combat level wouldn't hurt. If you are a beginner slayer or looking for a basic Slayer guide, I suggest checking out OSRS Wikia or similar.

Cannon placement

You want to place your cannon on the best possible spot in the area for maximal chance of not only hitting them once but twice. Yes, it's possible to hit them twice. This can happen if the monster takes in size two or more squares on the ground without being too close or too far from the cannon. In addition, you should pay attention to the free space. Don't set up your cannon where it cannot shoot to every direction. When you have put your cannon down correctly, it's time to choose your position. It matters, because the monsters are after you once they are engaged in combat by you or your cannon. You should re-position yourself if the cannon cannot hit the monsters. Usually, the best location is next to your cannon in the northeast.

List of the tasks with screenshot of cannon's position and general tips on each tasks:

Black demons - On the tile west of the small rock cluster, found on the ground, between two stalagmites in Taverley dungeon. Stand in the northeast corner of the cannon. Melee them in Proselyte. Bring prayer restoring potions for Protect from Melee, 2 Super Attacks and Super Strengths, 2000 cannonballs, Holy Wrench and an sgs.
Bloodvelds - From the southern rocks, two tiles to the north and one east. The most western room of Bloodvelds. Melee them in Karil. Bring prayer restoring potions if not flicking Piety (+Holy Wrench), 2 Super Attacks and Super Strengths, Monkfish/Sharks, 2000 cannonballs and an sgs.
Dagannoth - Close to the center of the pit. Place your cannon rather more to the north than to the south, since in the north there are more monsters than in the south. Melee in Bandos armor. Bring a Super set, prayer restoring potions if not flicking Piety (+Holy Wrench), Monkfish, 2500 cannonballs and an sgs.
Dark Beasts - Close to the center in the northwestern room of the Dark Beast Cave area. Melee in Proselyte. Bring prayer restoring potions for Protect from Melee, 2 Super Attacks and Super Strengths, 2500 cannonballs, Holy Wrench and an sgs.
Greater Demons - Four tiles from the middle of the western wall's corner in the northern room of Greater Demons in Stronghold Slayer Cave. Stand in the northeast corner of the cannon. Melee in Bandos. Bring prayer restoring potions if not flicking Piety (+Holy Wrench), 2 Super Sets, Sharks, 2000 cannonballs and an sgs.
Hellhounds - In the middle of the room, check the picture for the exact spot, in the northwestern room of Hellhounds in Stronghold Slayer cave. Melee in Bandos. Bring prayer restoring potions if not flicking Piety (+Holy Wrench), 2 Super Sets, Sharks, 2000 cannonballs and an sgs. Hellhounds hit accurately.
Kalphites - In the middle of the northeastern room of Kalphite dungeon in Stronghold Slayer Cave. Stand in the northeast corner of the cannon. Melee in Bandos. Bring prayer restoring potions if not flicking Piety (+Holy Wrench), a Super Set, a Superantipoison, Monkfish, 2500 cannonballs and an sgs. Poisonous!
Smoke Devils - Between two pillars in the center of Smoke Devil dungeon in Stronghold Slayer Cave. Melee in Proselyte. Bring prayer restoring potions for Protect from Missiles, 2 Super Combats, 3000 cannonballs, Holy Wrench, and an sgs. Do not let Prayer points run out!
Suqah - On the tile west of the rock cluster in the northern part of Lunar Isle. Check the picture for the exact spot, very important. Stand in the northeast corner of the cannon. Melee in Verac. Bring prayer restoring potions for Protect from Magic, 2 Super Combats, a few Sharks, 2500 cannonballs, Holy Wrench and an sgs. Try to stay in the northeast corner of the cannon to avoid Suqah evading.

Why would I want to use Dwarf Multicannon?

People don't use the cannon just because it's the only way to even add any external damage, excluding poison/venom, but also because it makes your tasks considerably faster. There is no doubt you wouldn't want to use it when slaying if you can afford it. The truth is that maintaining hours and hours of Slayer training while constantly feeding your cannon the cute little steel balls is pretty damn expensive and can easily break your bank. If you are only doing high experience tasks all day every day until 99 Slayer and nothing else, I can guarantee your hard earned wealth will vanish right before your eyes. On the contrary, as you get higher Slayer level 87 and 93, you unlock demi-boss tasks that can fill that void in your wallet. Even the ever so little but still valuable rune item drops will help you against the evident cannonball consumption as long as you bother to pick them up.
Alright, it is also possible that you don't have to worry about cash at all. If so, using the cannon while slaying will definitely be your thing. I mean, it is so great! Your casual hack and slash becomes much more exciting, and you have to pay more attention to what is happening if you want to be efficient, that is. When you want to be efficient, you want to do everything to maximize experience gained per hour, which allows you to cannon even in single combat zone in good conscience.
Cannon is the best single component to increase your experience rates in Slayer. It is bang for your buck, hands down. It can motivate you to slay or even make you fall in love with Slayer. Use it, love it.

--

I hope this guide helps at least one person to cannon better in Oldschool Runescape or makes someone to try out cannoning while slaying. It isn't very detailed or traditional Runescape guide but a guide nonetheless.
Vexaria
Vexaria

Back to top Go down

OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks Empty Re: OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks Empty Re: OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks

Post by WeaknSilly Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:01 am

could also add ice trolls into there which also have decent drops :p
WeaknSilly
WeaknSilly

OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by M Lucas Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:03 pm

I'll make sure to use these spots when slaying. Thanks Smile
M Lucas

OSRS Cannoning Guide for High/Exp Slayer Tasks U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 am

Good Guide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kleb Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 pm

thanks for this Very Happy
Kleb
Kleb

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 Raw Shark Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:41 pm

I was hoping there was something like this, or if not I was thinking about starting one. Would love to see this become a more comprehensive guide with all slayer monsters that could be cannoned. I plan to cannon slayer extensively.
1 Raw Shark
1 Raw Shark

Back to top Go down