Tuck
Paper Heart
Beezy
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

99 Hunting Guide Empty 99 Hunting Guide

Post by Skillius Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Welcome to my 99 guide for the greatest skill by far in all of OSRS. That's right! Hunter!!! I mean who does't love sitting in the same place for endless hours clicking on traps. So much fun right??? Actually though, it is my favorite skill in the game and for some reason I felt like sharing my method on how I got to 99 Hunter. Now I know it may not be one of the fastest methods out there, but it's one I found fun to me. So here it goes:

Levels 1-9:

This part is simple. All you have to do is go to the Varrock museum basement and answer all the questions at the exhibits. This takes only a few minutes and also gets you to level 9 slayer along the way, and who doesn't love slayer? Once this step is completed, you're already on you're way to becoming a hunter master.
99 Hunting Guide Screen12

For those of you that refuse to benefit the great cause of the Varrock Museum, head on over to Feldip Hills with some bird snares. You'll be hunting crimson swifts from levels 1-5. They can be found southeast of the fairy rings there, right near the pond. Once you hit level 5, grab your desert robes and waterskins to go hunt some golden warblars. These birds can be found directly west of the Ruins of Uzer, so just take a carpet ride there and walk west. Catch some birds and get to level 9.
99 Hunting Guide Screen14
99 Hunting Guide Screen13

Levels 9-19:

This next part was probably my least favorite. You'll be hunting copper longtails in Woodland hunting area just North of Eagles' Peak. If you have fairy ring access, use the code AKQ to get there fastest. If not, you'll just have to make a long walk over there (just enjoy the scenery). Make sure you have your bird traps and be patient, hunting can be very slow at these low levels.
99 Hunting Guide Screen15

Levels 19-29:

Now head all the way back to Feldip Hills and start hunting some tropical swagtails (yes I meant to call them that). Once you hit level 20 you somehow gain some hunting knowledge and learn the secret art to lay down not one, but two traps at once! This will actually start speeding up your hunter training quite a bit, just keep up with it.
99 Hunting Guide Screen16

Levels 29-47:

Tired of hunting birds? I thought so. So lets move onto the next best thing: salamanders! Make your way to Canifis with a couple small nets and ropes. The green salamander hunting spots are found just southeast of canafis. Once you're there, simply click on the trees around to set up your trap. Release all your salamanders and keep on hunting. Make sure you pick up all your nets and ropes when the trap fails too. I would also encourage bringing some cheap food just incase some ghast tries to attack you. NOTE: Priest in Peril quest is required for this method. Once you hit level 40, you can now use 3 traps.
99 Hunting Guide Screen21

Levels 47-59:

This is probably the last annoying phase of hunter in my opinion. You'll be hunting orange salamanders out in the desert. Make sure you have your desert robes on and plenty of waterskins. Bring as many ropes and nets as you feel necessary. You can also bring a knife if you want so you can fill up your waterskins, or you can just simply bank. The orange salamanders are in the exact same location as the golden warblers (west of the Ruins of Uzer). Just hunt like you did at green salamanders, it's the same concept. This part will be a little tedious because you might have to make a few bank trips to restock on waterskins, but just hang in there, it only gets better.
99 Hunting Guide Screen17

Levels 59-63:

Finally, you're on your last set of salamanders. I know, all of those ropes and nets are getting old. You'll be hunting red salamanders for this part. They can be found at the hunter zones near the Zamorak altar just north of the Observatory. This is the same process as the salamanders before. You're xp/hr will start to greatly increase during these levels and hunter will soon become a quick skill to train. Once you hit level 60, you can now use 4 traps.
99 Hunting Guide Screen20

Now you have two options once you hit 63. You can either start hunting red chinchompas and be on you're way to make bank, but suffer a slight initial xp/hr loss, or you can stay at red salamanders until 80. At level 80 you can now use 5 traps, which makes red chinchompas super fast. I preferred hunting chins right at 63 just because they were more fun to me, but it's up to you.

Levels 63-99:

That's right! Now you're finally on your last step to becoming a master hunter. It's just a very long and repetitive step that many people find awfully boring. Head on over to Feldip hills with a bunch of box traps and start hunting red chinchompas. My preferred hunting spot was slightly southwest of the fairy rings (close to the hunter icon and a pond on the map). You'll be able to tell where by all of the people/bots there. Just keep hopping worlds until you can find your own. I actually preferred to hunt with one other person just to have someone to talk to, but some people like a world to themselves too. Just hunt here until your little heart can't hunt no more.
99 Hunting Guide Screen19

NOTE: There is a private hunting area for red chinchompas if you have completed the Hard Western Provinces Diary. It is located just south of the hunting expert in Feldip Hills.
99 Hunting Guide Screen22

Well, that's my hunting guide for you guys. Let me know what you think of it. If y'all have any recommendations for me to change it let me know too. I'm just trying to help everyone out with a skill I know is not everyone's favorite. It is a very profitable skill right now though. I made 45mil when I got 99 and red chins were only about 850ea. Now they're 1.8-1.9k each so you'll definitely be making around 100mil I'd guess. And hey, it's a pretty cool cape Cool

I hope the guide is helpful!

Just trying to share my knowledge
-Skillius

Last edited by Skillius on Tue May 03, 2016 11:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Skillius
Skillius

99 Hunting Guide YP5zkAJ

gold chin

Back to top Go down

99 Hunting Guide Empty Re: 99 Hunting Guide

Post by Beezy Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 pm

very very Nice guide! Would be cool if you added some pictures or something to make it attractive but it definitely gets the point across, in a great way too!

Just wanted to throw in there, that if you don't feel like doing the salamanders, Falconry is always a viable option. You can start Falconry @ Level 43 Hunter and it costs a fee of 500gp to begin training this way.

I'm glad you also included the option of doing sallies until 80, because I believe that is the most efficient way if you want to make money quicker. I find hunting red chinchompas @ 63-75/80 is quite annoying and boring with the fail rate and trap set number (4), so if you arent too concerned about making money asap then id go this route, but of course the red chin route from 63 is straight profits which is why many people go that route Very Happy
Beezy

99 Hunting Guide U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Skillius Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Yeah I'll definitely update the guide with pictures eventually, I was just trying to get the main body out for now, thanks for the input though
Skillius
Skillius

99 Hunting Guide YP5zkAJ

gold chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 pm

No mention of black chins/private red chin area? Surprised
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Skillius Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I didn't put black chins in because this is the way I got to 99 hunter on my account and the way that I preferred. I mentioned at the beginning that there could be faster or different ways. I wasn't a fan of black chins so I didn't want to place them in the guide. The private hunting spot is a good idea to mention though, thanks for that. It didn't exist when I got 99 hunter so I forgot about it haha
Skillius
Skillius

99 Hunting Guide YP5zkAJ

gold chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Heart Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Black chins are pretty dangerous too, unlike other chins they don't "run" on death. Getting to 99 with them would be frustrating, and unlike red chins where you can pay little attention, you'd need to keep an eye on the map for blacks.

In short, black chins are normally not recommended. 

OT: This guide is pretty good, I agree some pictures would make it a lot more visually pleasing (also people are lazy so pictures > words). 

Thank you for the guide c: 

99 Hunting Guide Latest?cb=20130225000341
Paper Heart
Paper Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Sun May 01, 2016 2:00 am

great guide, I'm currently 60 Hunt working on 70, so ill proabably do 69-70 at Sallies then 70+ at Red Chins, but I can always switch between the two when ever I get bored Smile
Tuck
Tuck

99 Hunting Guide YP5zkAJ

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Sun May 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for the great guide Smile

99 Hunting Guide NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Self Reflect Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Nicely done.. few imgs too spice up the thread and its a beaut.
Self Reflect
Self Reflect

Back to top Go down

Post by Skillius Tue May 03, 2016 11:14 am

UPDATE: Just added pictures to the guide
Skillius
Skillius

99 Hunting Guide YP5zkAJ

gold chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Tue May 03, 2016 11:33 am

Looks really nice!

99 Hunting Guide NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by bby Thu May 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Used this to get 60, thank you (:
bby
bby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJorrit Fri May 06, 2016 3:56 am

Great guide, I'll have to look into this as a combat 102 w/ 1 hunter (shame). Will use for sure!
TheJorrit
TheJorrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:02 am

Good Guide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by x diu lei x Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

great guide, slayer is one skill I hate, and i never knew what I was doing with it
x diu lei x
x diu lei x

Back to top Go down

Post by LordQuite Sat May 06, 2017 10:32 am

You can also use humidify to fill water skins if you have lunars
LordQuite
LordQuite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hus Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Nice guide! I followed mostly the same path myself, but only until 90 for now. Might be worth mentioning the maniacal monkeys you can hunt after monkey madness 2. These are a more afk method with basically no profit (without being lucky) but are good for people like me who don't like hunting chinchompas Razz
Hus
Hus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghrimsy Mon May 22, 2017 12:32 am

Nice guide for one of my favorite skills in the game. Black Chins are also an option but if you'd rather not deal with PKers stick to Red Chins. They'll still bring ya a decent cash stack.
Ghrimsy
Ghrimsy

Back to top Go down

Post by AirHorn62 Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Oh no, i downvoted your post by accident, Skillius Mad but here's my +1 instead Smile
AirHorn62
AirHorn62

Back to top Go down

Post by TronMMO Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Still helpful even it's a little bit out of date.
Thanks!

TronMMO
TronMMO

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next